So now that we're tracking both the playoffs (the usual) and the lotto (the new) we have an expanded "While you were sleeping" schedule to track. Here was all the action from last night:
- POR @ UTA -- The Trail Blazers won, thanks to Damian Lillard waking up in the fourth quarter. It was tied after three. I was worried.
- CHA @ BOS -- Big Al Jefferson didn't beat his old club last night, Boston won. Crazy life he has.
- PHI @ MEM -- Memphis won a game, which seems to happen less frequently that it should
- WAS @ ORL -- The Wizards beat Orlando, which suck because they are in striking distance (on paper, if not in reality)
- GSW @ LAL -- The Dubs won (bad) and LA lost (also bad).
- PHX @ SAS -- Phoenix lost to San Antonio,
when will poor Steve Nash get over the hump ?
- CLE @ MIL -- Milwaukee won? Whaat?
- DET @ CHI -- Chicago won, so I guess that finalizes my move
- NOP @ OKC -- Thunder won, big surprise
- NYK @ TOR -- Huge game that NY won, and the Raptors had a chance of sowing up the division with a win
- ATL @ BKN -- The Hawks beat the Nets? What a crazy world we live in.
- HOU @ MIN -- What? The T-Wolves beat the Rockets? Corey Brewer had 50+ points? Is this real life?
Movers and Shakers:
- GSW clinched the playoffs last night, so that was fun while it lasted
- PHX lost, so went from #7 in the West to #9 in one night, harsh
- CHA lost, so went from #6 in the East back down to #7.
- And the big one, UTA and BOS are now tied, but somehow we're ahead of them.
|Record||Last 10||Games vs||Standings||Game Result|
|1||Milwaukee Bucks||15||64||19%||0.0||2||8||20%||3||0||0||1||East 15||1||vs CLE||W||@ WAS|
|2||Philadelphia 76ers||17||62||22%||2.0||2||8||20%||3||1||1||2||East 14||2||@ MEM||L||@ CHA|
|3||Orlando Magic *4||23||56||29%||8.0||4||6||40%||3||0||0||1||East 13||3||vs WAS||L|
|4||Utah Jazz *2||24||55||30%||9.0||2||8||20%||3||0||1||3||West 15||4||vs POR||L||@ DEN|
|5||Boston Celtics *7||24||55||30%||9.0||1||9||10%||3||1||2||2||East 12||4||vs CHA||W||@ CLE|
|6||Los Angeles Lakers||25||54||32%||10.0||2||8||20%||3||1||1||2||West 14||6||vs GSW||L|
|7||Sacramento Kings||27||52||34%||12.0||3||7||30%||3||0||0||2||West 13||7||@ LAC|
|8||Detroit Pistons||29||51||36%||13.5||3||7||30%||2||0||0||0||East 11||8||@ CHI||L|
|9||Cleveland Cavaliers||32||48||40%||16.5||6||4||60%||2||1||1||2||East 10||9||@ MIL||L||vs BOS|
|10||New Orleans Pelicans *5||32||47||41%||17.0||3||7||30%||3||0||0||0||West 11||10||@ OKC||L||@ HOU|
|11||New York Knicks *3||34||45||43%||19.0||5||5||50%||3||0||0||1||East 9||11||@ TOR||W|
|12||Denver Nuggets *3,4||35||44||44%||20.0||4||6||40%||3||1||1||2||West 12||12||vs UTA|
|13||Atlanta Hawks *1, 7||36||43||46%||21.0||5||5||50%||3||1||1||2||East 8||@ BKN||W||vs MIA|
|14||Minnesota Timberwolves||40||39||51%||25.0||6||4||60%||3||1||2||3||West 10||13||vs HOU||W|
|15||x||Charlotte Bobcats *6||40||39||51%||25.0||7||3||70%||3||1||2||2||East 7||@ BOS||L||vs PHI|
|16||x||Brooklyn Nets *1, 7||43||36||54%||28.0||6||4||60%||3||1||3||3||East 5||vs ATL||L|
|17||Phoenix Suns||47||32||59%||32.0||7||3||70%||3||0||1||3||West 9||14||@ SAS||L||@ DAL|
|18||Memphis Grizzlies||47||32||59%||32.0||6||4||60%||3||0||1||3||West 8||vs PHI||W|
|19||Dallas Mavericks||48||32||60%||32.5||6||4||60%||2||0||0||2||West 7||vs PHX|
|20||x||Golden State Warriors *2||49||30||62%||34.0||6||4||60%||3||0||0||2||West 6||@ LAL||W|
|1* - ATL has right to swap picks with BKN|
|2* - UTA owns GSW pick|
|3* - DEN owns NYK pick|
|4* - DEN owes ORL their lower of their two 1st rnd picks|
|5* - NOP owes PHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 5 prot)|
|6* - CHA owes CHI their 1st rnd pick (Top 10 prot)|
|7* - Worst of ATL/BKN owes BOS their 1st round pick|
|x - Clinched Playoffs|
Some compelling basketball tonight.
- MIL @ WAS -- Can Milwaukee win again this season?
- PHI @ CHA -- Will Philly win again, ever?
- UTA @ DEN -- Big test tonight to see if Utah will do what is necessary
- BOS @ CLE -- I actually don't know which of these two teams is trying to lose more now
- SAC @ LAC -- Vivek's group should lose here tonight, easily
- NOP @ HOU -- Rockets lost last night, and so did New Orleans, this game isn't going to be interesting as Anthony Davis has been shut down for the season
- MIA @ ATL -- Paul Millsap 's revenge?
- PHX @ DAL -- the "There can only be one" game of the night.