April Game Streams -- Mavs Moneyball -- Mavericks vs Jazz coverage
The Utah Jazz host the Dallas Mavericks tonight. I can't help but notice that these Mavs are older, slower, and grasping at rent-a-vets to keep their window of opportunity open. They have a ring, but otherwise this seems a lot like the old Stockton and Malone teams that would get beaten up in the playoffs by the Mavs and Sacramento Kings. Time moves on, and now these Mavs where we were, and we're almost where they were.
It's bitter sweet. I've seen all of Dirk's career, and he's still fantastic, but you just don't know how many more seasons he can keep it up. I guess people used to feel that way about our guys John Stockton and Karl Malone.
Anyway, we have a game tonight. A game that I am fearful of. Hopefully for no good reason.
- Point Guard: Jose Calderon vs. Trey Burke
- Shooting Guard: Monta Ellis vs. Gordon Hayward
- Small Forward: Shawn Marion vs. Richard Jefferson
- Power Forward: Dirk Nowitzki vs. Marvin Williams (I dunno... last update I have is still questionable for tonight)
- Center: Samuel Dalembert vs. Derrick Favors
- 6th Man: Vince Carter vs. Alec Burks
- First Big: DeJuan Blair vs. Enes Kanter
- Ball handler: Devin Harris vs. Diante Garrett
- Other dude: Jae Crowder vs. Jeremy Evans
I really don't know what's going to happen tonight. I think the Jazz have a good chance to play spoiler just because a) they are at home, and b) they are the Jazz. And they are super unpredictable. I think that being at home isn't that big of an advantage for our team because Dallas has more road wins than we have home wins. Furthermore, there's no advantage due to injuries really. And neither team is tired. So, hopefully the normal thing happens and the Jazz lose. But again, because of uncertainty, we have no clue which Jazz team is going to show up on any night.
Go Jazz Go!
Who is going to score more points?
This poll is closed
Our players 6'9 or taller combined