The Boston Celtics finished the season 25-57, the fourth worst record in the league. They lost the Tie-Breaker with the Utah Jazz, and as a direct result, they have the fifth most ping-pong balls for today's NBA Draft lottery. In order to get a little more information on the Celtics we're going to Jam with CelticsBlog.com editor Jeff Clark!
Boston has a 10.3% shot at the top pick, so let's get Jammin'!
1. My team is only in the lottery this year because of __________, ________ , and __________ .
Jeff: My team is only in the lottery this year because of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett 's age, Mikhail Prokerov's desperation and deep pockets, and Danny Ainge's utter lack of sentimentality.
2. If we were drafting based on need, the top player on our draft board would be _________ .
Jeff: If we were drafting based on need, the top player on our draft board would be Joel Embiid (rim protector).
3. Historically the lotto has been _____ to my franchise.
Jeff: Historically the lotto has been cruel to my franchise (see: Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant).
4. Our team deserves a Top 3 pick because __________ .
Jeff: Our team deserves a Top 3 pick because 3rd time is a charm.
5. Our team deserves the #1 pick because ___________ .
Jeff: Our team deserves the #1 pick because of entitlement. I mean, we are the Celtics. Banners baby..
Thanks Jeff, and best of luck to your Boston Celtics!