Las Vegas Summer League 2014: Game 2
Utah Jazz 87 -- Milwaukee Bucks 71
This is an exciting team when they are passing and sharing the ball, playing patient, and allowing players to play to their strengths. I was worried about the Milwaukee Bucks and thought they would play with some fire as they needed the win. The game was close at the beginning until Dante Exum started cooking, then Rudy Gobert started creaming them, and in the third quarter Rodney Hood was cooling them off with all his threes. Good bounce back games for Ian Clark and others as well.
Brock Motum sums up the 3rd quarter... Jazz up 69-50. pic.twitter.com/DaoxXJzIta— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) July 15, 2014
Utah was up by 19 to start the fourth, and then Rodney Hood hit another three.The rest of the game was just academic.
- Rodney Hood: Got open, killed it from deep, got more involved, and his team mates were looking for him. Finished with 29 points, 5 assists (1 turn over), 3 rebounds, 2 steals, and went 7/10 from downtown. Adding it all up, he's now 8 / 20 from outside this summer league. That's not bad.
- Rudy Gobert: He dominated in the late 1st and entire 2nd. Blocking shots, scoring on pick and rolls, getting offensive rebounds, lots of dunks. He finished with 13 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks, 1 assist, and went 6/6 from the line.
- Dante Exum: He set guys up and made the extra pass. There was no need to take the show when Hood was shooting so well. Finished with 6 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds, and was a +16.
- Trey Burke: Yes, he didn't kill Wolters. But he was also facilitating out there, not forcing things. He finished with 2 points (off of two defensive three second technical FTs), 6 assists, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, and turned the ball over only twice.
- Ian Clark: Good bounce back game, made two threes, finished with 9 points, 4 rebounds, and 2 assists off the bench.
- Malcolm Thomas: Had trouble finishing at time,s but still okay, 7 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, and a made three.
- Erik Murphy: Let's move on.
- Brock Motum: 16 points!!! He went 7/9, , hit a three, got 6 rebounds, and 2 steals.
- Niels Giffey: Was exciting, but missed all of his shots, couldn't throw down a few dunks.
- Greg Somogyi: Great hair. Also 5 points off of one shot. What?
It is a happy time for Utah Jazz fans. Let's all be happy.
Game 3 is tomorrow, against the Denver Nuggets!