The Utah Jazz (4-5) finish their Eastern Conference Road Trip of Doom #2 of 3432 tonight (today?) (now?) against the excellent Atlanta Hawks (8-3). If you want to criticize Atlanta it's going to end up being that they haven't won all of their games yet this season. Paul Millsap and Al Horford eat guys up inside. Dennis Schroder, Kent Bazemore, Kyle Korver and company are bombing threes. Jeff Teague is going to be an All-Star this year. This is a really good team. Unfortunately for them, they will be facing off against a pretty good team in the Utah Jazz. A Utah Jazz team, I might add, that will be starting both Rudy Gobert and Rodney Hood tonight. That makes the game a little more fair.
Both teams are good on defense. The Jazz are better at rebounding. The Hawks are better at threes. Utah plays much slower, they know how to get up and down. It's not really a complete contrast in styles, but it will be a good education for sure. The Hawks are eyeing the NBA Finals. The Jazz are eyeing the NBA Playoffs. Those are two very different goals. And we may see two very different teams tonight.
- PG: Raul Neto vs. Dennis Schroder
- SG: Rodney Hood vs. Kyle Korver
- SF: Gordon Hayward vs. Kent Bazemore
- PF: Derrick Favors vs. Paul Millsap
- C: Rudy Gobert vs. Al Horford
.@rudygobert27′s shoes say it all pic.twitter.com/5yxIh5o7rl— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) November 15, 2015
- Ballhandler: Trey Burke vs. Shelvin Mack
- Bench Wing: Alec Burks vs. Thabo Sefolosha
- Bench Big: Trevor Booker vs. Tiago Splitter
- Utility Guy: Joe Ingles vs. Justin Holiday / Tim Hardaway Jr.
- Starting PG: Dante Exum and Jeff Teague
- Everyone else healthy