The Utah Jazz play their last game before the All-Star break tonight -- against the fearsome Dallas Mavericks. While the Mavs just got spanked by the Los Angeles Clippers and will no doubt try to put our kids to sleep early . . . it's not a given. The Jazz will also be motivated to get that 20th win, something that used to be a given before the All-Star break most seasons. Last season it didn't happen until . . . uh . . . game 56. This year, with younger players and a rookie coach? It could happen by game 53. Again, not a big difference in the small picture, but a giant leap for our core group of 22, 23, and 24 year olds.
It's not going to be easy without, , and who knows what's up with ? It's not going to be a total cakewalk for Dallas though, as and are both out. is questionable.
- vs. Monta Ellis
- Father time vs.
- Academics vs.
- Alec Burks (UTA) -- Out, shoulder, season, you know the deal
- Rodney Hood (UTA) -- Out, feetsies have ouchies
- Joe Ingles (UTA) -- Doubtful, back spasms
- Rajon Rondo (DAL) -- Out, left orbital fracture (face)
- Tyson Chandler (DAL) -- Out, left ankle injury
- Monta Ellis (DAL) -- Questionable, played in their last game, left groin strain
It would also be nice for the Jazz to FINALLY win three games in a row this year. If they do it tonight, it'll break the spell.