Tonight the Utah Jazz start off a back to back set with a game @ the Denver Nuggets, then fly back home to host the Milwaukee Bucks. The Jazz have won 5-5 and the Nuggets 1-9. These are two teams separated by 1 win and 2 losses. But it's clear they are going in opposite directions right now. Brian Shaw basically has lost this team, while Quin Synder is fully in control of his. Denver has quality and depth, but saddled by injuries. The Jazz have three of the best players in this game on their team, but are very thin right now. Denver is excellent at guard, where the Jazz are weakest. The Jazz have quality bigs, while Denver may not. I think the Nuggets are going to be much harder to deal with on paper than the Lakers were, and the Jazz lost to the Lakers -- at home.
Two young clubs face off, you never know which version of your team will show up.
- PG: Dante Exum vs. Ty Lawson
- SG: Joe Ingles vs. Gary Harris?
- SF: Gordon Hayward vs. Wilson Chandler
- PF: Derrick Favors vs. Joffrey Lauvergne
- C: Rudy Gobert vs. J.J. Hickson
- Trevor Booker vs. Kenneth Faried
- Trey Burke vs. Jameer Nelson
- Rodney Hood vs. Danilo Gallinari
- Elijah Millsap vs. Will Barton
- Alec Burks (UTA) -- out
- Jusuf Nurkic (DEN) -- out
- Darrell Arthur (DEN) -- out
- Wilson Chandler (DEN) -- in
- Kenneth Faried (DEN) -- in