So the Jazz got to play a lousy team with a lousy coach that has pretty much given up on the season. They won by 22 ... and it honestly wasn't even that close.
Just like the previous game ... Monday's ... there's a lot to look at tonight and be excited for:
- Rudy Gobert making us all laugh when someone thought they could get points in the paint. He ended up with 10 points, 8 rebounds, 1 assist, and 6 blocks.
- Derrick Favors having some Beast Man moments, finishing with 21 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 3 blocks.
- Gordon Hayward adding 15 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 2 steals (those 7 TO's, though o_O)
- Trey and his floater was working again. 19 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, and a block
- Rodney Hood looking like the guy I saw in preseason. 14 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, and 2 blocks.
- Elijah Millsap still doing his fantastic defense
- Bryce Cotton and Jack Cooley both scored their first NBA points.
Lot's to like and enjoy. To me Hood's play was the most exciting. He was both stroking the 3's and doing a couple nice drives and floaters. If he can do that regularly, he's legit.
Nice to see the Jazz win. The winning streak hits 3*! (Blazers, Spurs, and Nuggets). Not even the long layoff since Monday's game — only a random Wednesday scrimmage that nobody could take seriously in between — could hurt them.
* I know