Two of the youngest teams in the league face off tonight, the Milwaukee Bucks (23.857 years old average) continue their Western Conference road trip as their hosts, the Utah Jazz (23.467) try to finish February with a 6-5 record. The Bucks lost to the Los Angeles Lakers last night, and after tonight they will continue on to play the Denver Nuggets and Golden State Warriors. To their credit the Bucks are 15-15 on the road, and 11-11 against the West this season. But it's fair to point out that they are only 2-3 after the Trade Deadline where they moved Brandon Knight and others for Michael Carter-Williams, Tyler Ennis, and Miles Plumlee.
Utah's not the same team as their record indicates either. The Jazz are up 952 points to 915 in this month, +37. The averages are 95.20 ppg vs. 91.50 ppg, a positive margin of +3.7. (Duh, maths.) So while the team has dropped some games they were 'right' in there for, they aren't a team that is getting blown out.
The Jazz are up 47-43 overall, all-time against the Bucks; and 28-17 at home. These two teams played back in January and the Jazz won 101-99. Utah is nursing a 12 game win streak against Milwaukee in Utah. It should be a good game, and hopefully another win.
Milwaukee Player Stats:
Utah Player Stats:
- PG: Michael Carter-Williams vs Dante Exum
- SG: Khris Middleton vs Joe Ingles
- SF: Giannis Antetokounmpo vs. Gordon Hayward
- PF: Ersan Ilyasova vs. Derrick Favors
- C: Zaza Pachulia vs. Rudy Gobert
- Jerryd Bayless vs. Trey Burke
- O.J. Mayo vs. Elijah Millsap
- Jared Dudley vs. Rodney Hood
- John Henson vs. Trevor Booker
- Alec Burks (UTA) -- out for the season
- Jabari Parker (MIL) -- out for the season
- Damien Inglis (MIL) -- out for the season
- Ian Clark (UTA) -- assigned to the D-League
- O.J. Mayo (MIL) -- questionable, right hamstring soreness
- Jared Dudley (MIL) -- should play, but got X-Ray on his knee after last game