The Utah Jazz have quietly become a team that steps it up against better competition. Well, when you are one of the worst teams in the league eventually the majority of the teams you face are "better competition", but still. The Portland Trail Blazers are 20-5 at home, and want to avoid losing four straight games. They are in a lull right now, having lost 8 of their last 10, but want to right things at home. Which they are very capable of doing.
It is going to be an interesting game between Quin Snyder and Terry Stotts' clubs. I expect star calls though. But more than that, right now I expect the Jazz to step it up in these games.
I always felt like the lead singer of this group was immune compromised
- Dante Exum vs. Damian Lillard
- Joe Ingles vs. Wesley Matthews
- Gordon Hayward vs. Nicolas Batum
- Enes Kanter vs. LaMarcus Aldridge
- Derrick Favors vs. Robin Lopez
- Trey Burke vs. Steve Blake
- Elijah Millsap vs. C.J. McCollum / Will Barton
- Trevor Booker vs. Thomas Robinson
- Rudy Gobert vs. Chris Kaman / Meyers Leonard
- Alec Burks (UTA) -- out for season, left shoulder surgery recovery happening now
- Rodney Hood (UTA) -- out for gypsy curse
- Joel Freeland (POR) -- out, right shoulder strain
- Robin Lopez (POR) -- probable, but kinda bummed out by comic book storyline he's reading right now