Last night did not make any sense. I . . . I cannot tarry too long on it, so let's hit it.
What Happened Last Night:
- GSW (1) beat up on DET (E): 105-98
- MEM (2) LOST to BOS (E): 95-92
- POR (4) beat HOU (3): 105-100, and they flipped spots to 3 and 4 now
- LAC (5) beat OKC (8): 120-108, and as a result, OKC is now out of the playoffs, sitting at 9
- PHX (10) beat MIN (15): 106-97
- DEN (12) beat ATL (E): 115-102, so that makes sense
- SAC (13) beat CHA (E): 113-106
- Also, elsewhere, CHI, MIA, and MIL all won; while PHI, BKN, and ORL lost.
I don't get Atlanta losing to Denver, or Memphis losing to Boston. But that's why you gotta play the games.
Western Conference Standings:
So today is the first time, in a very long time, since New Orleans was in the Top 8 in the West. That's very interesting, and we'll see if they can keep it. Kevin Durant feels like he'll be back in 1-2 weeks, so it's going to be a fun race for sure.
The Race to the Bottom:
This took more time, but there was a lot to research.
So, yeah, this year's draft will be brought to you by the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers, it seems. The good news, if any, is that since the Celtics swept the Jazz this year there's no need for a coin flip if our two teams do tie, they won the tie breaker in the regular season. Silver lining, and all.
What Big Games are happening tonight?
- MIL @ IND -- two teams that look awful at times going up against one another as they now jockey for East playoff position . . . shows you the depth of that conference
- MEM @ WIZ -- it's on TNT, they know drama.
- CLE @ SAS -- anyone else getting sick of "LeBron James goes up against the Spurs" games?
- HOU @ UTA -- obviously the only game that really matters
- NYK @ LAL -- I feel bad for people covering this one
Because the Suns won last night, I would love for the Jazz to keep up with them and win tonight. Also, Houston sucks.
Which of these games means the most, besides the Jazz game? I think we're almost in a vacuum where nothing else matters . . .