The big question tonight is if Utah Jazz star-in-the-making Gordon Hayward will be playing tonight against the Houston Rockets. Hayward missed last game with a strained back and the Jazz barely beat the New York Knicks, the worst team in the league. Tonight the Jazz will host the Houston Rockets, a much better group that's fighting for homecourt in the Western Conference right now.
Without Hayward the Jazz offense had to rely on the shot making abilities of rookies Rodney Hood and Joe Ingles.
They will need more tonight if Hayward is out. The Utah Jazz did upgrade his condition from questionable to probable. (So we're in that 75%+ range that he will be there.)
Gordon Hayward's status (low back strain) for tonight has been upgraded to PROBABLE. #HOUatUTA— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) March 12, 2015
Gordon Hayward is warming up. Jazz will see how he feels after before officially determining whether he'll play tonight.— Aaron Falk (@tribjazz) March 12, 2015
Does Gordon playing mean a win? It could. You have to play the game still. The Jazz are at home, on a home stand. Houston's offense is on point right now, even with Dwight Howard out. The Jazz defense is turning it up. But we can win if do play our game.
- Patrick Beverley vs Dante Exum
- James Harden vs. Joe Ingles
- Trevor Ariza vs. Gordon Hayward (hopefully)
- Terrence Jones vs. Derrick Favors
- Donatas Motiejunas vs. Rudy Gobert
Update: @gordonhayward WILL PLAY tonight vs. @HoustonRockets #HOUatUTA— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) March 13, 2015
- Jason Terry vs. Trey Burke
- Josh Smith vs. Trevor Booker
- Corey Brewer vs. Rodney Hood and Elijah Millsap
- Dwight Howard (HOU) -- out
- Kostas Papanikolaou (HOU) -- out
- Alec Burks (UTA) -- out
- Gordon Hayward (UTA) -- probable
- Ian Clark (UTA) -- NBA-DL
- Grant Jerrett (UTA) -- NBA-DL