This is it, the final test for the Utah Jazz against the Eastern Conference. They've swept the Nets, Pistons, Bucks, Knicks, and the 76ers. They've split against the Bulls, Hornets, Cavaliers, Heat, and Magic. And they've been swept by the Hawks, Celtics, Pacers, and Raptors. All in all, the Utah Jazz are 15-14 against the East. If we as Jazz fans want to keep making fun of the East our team needs a winning record (or at least a tie). A win tonight makes it seven in a row for the Jazz, five straight at home, and 13 of their last 15. But more than that, it means we're just flat out better than the East, on average.
Standing in the way are the relatively hot Washington Wizards. They start a West road trip tonight and are putting a four game win streak on the line. Historically the Jazz are 49-46 against the Bullets/Wizards; and 28-19 at home. Utah's looking to keep strangling teams with their defense. The Wizards are looking for their 40th win of the season. Something's gotta give.
The Jazz fans cover more territory, but the Wizards fans are much larger in population. Someone should do an analytics piece on the actual surface area of Wes Unseld's shorts vs. John Stockton's shorts though.
- Jon Wall vs. Dante Exum
- Bradley Beal vs. Rodney Hood
- Paul Pierce vs. Gordon Hayward
- Nene Hilario vs. Derrick Favors
- Marcin Gortat vs. Rudy Gobert
- Ramon Sessions vs. Trey Burke
- Rasual Butler vs. Joe Ingles
- Otto Porter vs. Elijah Millsap
- Drew Gooden vs. Trevor Booker
- Kevin Seraphin vs. Jack Cooley
Injuries / Absences:
- Alec Burks (UTA) -- out
- Kris Humphries (WAS) -- out
- Garrett Temple (WAS) -- out
- Grant Jerrett (UTA) -- NBA DL