The Utah Jazz try to even the season series up against the Denver Nuggets with a win tonight. Denver has lost 5 of their last 7 games, but their last win came against the Jazz. Yes, it's true the Jazz are 103-75 against the Nuggets all-time, and a dominating 69-20 at home -- but you just can't take this team lightly. Our franchise learned that in the 1994 NBA Playoffs, and this exact squad learned that directly five nights ago in the Mile High city. Denver is talented and everyone can make threes. They are a completely different team under Melvin Hunt and it shows.
Furthermore, they think their side of the mountain is better!
Also, this is a rivalry game by my books. Gotta win tonight.
- PG: Ty Lawson vs. Dante Exum
- SG: Randy Foye vs. Joe Ingles (maybe Elijah Millsap?)
- SF: Danilo Gallinari vs. Gordon Hayward
- PF: Kenneth Faried vs. Derrick Favors
- C: Jusuf Nurkic vs. Rudy Gobert
- Out: Alec Burks (UTA SG/PG), Rodney Hood (UTA SF/SG), Darrell Arthur (DEN PF/C)
- Excused: J.J. Hickson (DEN PF/C - will dress and be available), Grant Jerrett (UTA PF - NBADL assignment)
- Doubtful: --
- Questionable: --
- Probable: Danilo Gallinari (DEN SF/PF)
- Playing: Derrick Favors (UTA PF/C)
Man, I dunno. I just hope that Jameer Nelson and Randy Foye don't go a combined "a billion" for "a little bit more than a billion" from three tonight. Trevor Booker better be ready to come off the bench and take care of business tonight, as Denver may go small. Also of note, tonight could be the Ian Clark revenge game.