The Utah Jazz got out of their funk (having previously lost five of six), and now have won three games in a row beating the Thunder, Timberwolves and Nuggets. But there's much more to talk about than just the games. Behold:
- Longtime play-by-play announcer Hot Rod Hundley passed away, many of us tried to memorialize him, but his hometown paper wrote it best.
- Enes Kanter. Wow. The situation is straight up lugubrious, and hence, even Grandland had to write about it.
- Rookie point guard Dante Exum is dropping dimes and finishing layups, slowly putting parts of his game together. We talk about him a lot, but what did the Sydney Morning Herald have to say about his progress?
- The Jazz recently bought their affiliate team in the NBADL, the Idaho Stampede. While Utah is on the rise, the team in Boise is 8-40 with 2 games left. Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey hired rookie Quin Snyder and rookie Dean Cooper this year. Coop isn't worried though, and sees the longterm Jazz franchise picture.
- Rudy Gobert is so impressive that National Writers have been forced to talk about the Jazz every week since the All-Star break. With his domination on the court it doesn't look like National guys will ever stop, either! Check out his 5 Best performances this year, over at Hoops Habit!