Tonight is a big game for the Utah Jazz, as they tip off against former assistant coach Jeff Hornacek 's team, the Phoenix Suns. Utah and Phoenix are kinda linked. They are currently the #10 and #11 teams in the West. Both are looking at the playoffs from the outside. And in both cases are a few years away from making a big push back into the playoffs and hopefully making a statement. And right now they are separated by 3.5 games in the West standings. If the Jazz win tonight that becomes only 2.5 games, with six more to play.
Phoenix really impressed last season, but then had to blow things up. Utah is making a name for itself with defense right now. But the big question is "Wait, do we have more fans than the Suns?"
Nope. But it looks that way.
Yeah. The Suns have lost five straight, and this may be their last chance at a win tonight. Their remaining schedule is rough. They'll be going crazy tonight. It's not going to be easy.
- PG: Dante Exum vs. Eric Bledsode
- SG: Rodney Hood vs. P.J. Tucker
- SF: Gordon Hayward vs. Marcus Morris
- PF: Derrick Favors vs. Markieff Morris
- C: Rudy Gobert vs. Brandan Wright
- Suns: Danny Granger, Alex Len, Brandon Knight
- Jazz: Alec Burks, Grant Jerrett (NBADL)
Otherwise something something:
- Suns: Marcus Thornton is doubtful for tonight, Jerel McNeal is on their team now!
- Jazz: Jack Cooley gonna wreck someone tonight, right?
I have written quite a lot, and this is all you're getting for this game thread.