The Utah Jazz look to get back to .500 tonight. In their way will be the Phoenix Suns. The Suns defeated the San Antonio Spurs, and the Jazz lost to the Portland Trail Blazers. Is there anything we can learn from these pieces of information? Absolutely not. Especially not when the Jazz are sitting three of their best players tonight. The Suns are not going to be at full strength, but tonight isn't going to be about winning or losing. It's about evaluating players, seeing how new pieces fit in with one another, and on paper exists really as just a family reunion. In the game preview we looked at what Phoenix was successful at in their first game, and what Utah flopped in. There are five things we need to watch in this game, one of them is how our "depth" will actually hold up without three rotation players. We also dropped our new "Under a minute or it's free" video segment today: The Triad!
Phoenix likes to score, and they have some great guards who will see what Portland did, and re-create it. Utah likes to play slow, and almost had to in order to give new additions Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw a chance of playing catch-up.
- PG: George Hill vs. Eric Bledsoe
- SG: Dante Exum vs. Devin Booker
- SF: Gordon Hayward vs. T.J. Warren (?)
- PF: Boris Diaw vs. Jared Dudley (?)
- C: Rudy Gobert vs. Tyson Chandler
Warren and Dudley could be switched out, I really don't understand "tweeners" that well.
- Shelvin Mack vs. Brandon Knight
- Joe Johnson vs. Leandro Barbosa
- Joe Ingles vs.Archie Goodwin? Man, are they all just centers and PGs over there?
- Trey Lyles vs. Alan Anderson
Injuries / Absences:
- Derrick Favors (UTA - PF/C) -- OUT
- Rodney Hood (UTA - SG/SF) -- OUT
- Alec Burks (UTA - SG/PG) -- OUT
- P.J. Tucker (PHX - SFish) -- OUT
GO JAZZ GO!
Who's going to win?
This poll is closed
Jazz by 11 or more
Jazz by 6 to 10
Jazz by 1 to 5
Suns by 1 to 5
Suns by 6 to 10
Suns by 11 or more