Utah is going for their 5th win in a row. Miami is playing their 5th game in 7 nights. Both teams are missing three starters and a bench shooting guard. So, you know, now that I realize all of it this is going to be the karmic night where the Heat stun the Jazz. Crap. #ESREVER #XNIJ
Miami doesn't usually win in Utah. They played the night before, and are on a road trip. Of course, thanks to NBA Free Agency and bandwagon fans, they have fans everywhere.
Erik Spoelstra has a defensively sound club (98.2 OPPG, 5th; 103.5 DRTG, 5th) that plays at a pretty slow pace (94.3, 24th) that isn't any good on offense (96.6 PPG, 28th, 101.8 ORTG, 27th). That's stylistically similar to what Quin Snyder has with the Jazz. Who hold opponents down with their defense (93.8 OPPG, 1st, 102.6 DRTG, 3rd) and play really slowly (91.4, 30th). The difference here is that Utah is kinda okay on offense (107.9 ORTG, 11th).
Of course, that remains to be seen without the guys who are missing this game for Utah.
- PG: Goran Dragic vs. Dante Exum
- SG: Rodney McGruder vs. Joe Ingles
- SF: Luke Babbitt vs. Gordon Hayward
- PF: Josh McRoberts vs. Boris Diaw
- C: Hassan Whiteside vs. Rudy Gobert
Injures / Absences:
- PG: George Hill (UTA, OUT)
- SG: Rodney Hood (UTA, OUT), Alec Burks (UTA, OUT), Josh Richardson (MIA, OUT), Dion Waiters (MIA, OUT)
- SF: Justice Winslow (MIA, OUT)
- PF: Chris Bosh (MIA, OUT), Derrick Favors (UTA, OUT)
GO JAZZ GO
Who's going to win tonight?
This poll is closed
Utah by 11+
Utah by 6-10 points
Utah by 1-5 points
Miami by 1-5 points
Miami by 6-10 points
Miami by 11+