The Utah Jazz (17-10) will be looking to even the season series against the Memphis Grizzlies (18-10) this afternoon with a win. Memphis came into Utah and left with a win on our home court. It's time to give them some payback. Memphis is 11-5 at home this season, while Utah is 7-5 on the road.The Grizzlies have beaten the Portland Trail Blazers, Cleveland Cavaliers, and Golden State Warriors at the FedEx Forum so far this year. They've also lost to the same Trail Blazers, Miami Heat, Charlotte Hornets, and Sacramento Kings. I don't think any of those teams are world beaters.And then point here is to illustrate that while the Grizzlies DO have some nice wins at home, they have some losses to average and below teams as well.
Utah, at 0.5 games behind Memphis, isn't an average team. And with all their injuries they have been playing above average ball. This will be a test for both squads. The hunger of the Grizzly bears against the rhythm of the Jazz.
Defense vs. Defense. Bigmen vs. Bigmen. Slow pace vs. Slow pace. Small market vs. Small market. #5 seed vs. #6 seed. Get hyped!
Two small market teams! Hooray!
- PG: Dante Exum vs. Mike Conley
- SG: Rodney Hood vs. Tony Allen
- SF: Gordon Hayward vs. ??? Troy Williams ???
- PF: ??? Boris Diaw ??? vs. JaMychal Green
- C: Rudy Gobert vs. Marc Gasol
Chandler Parsons is out for Memphis, Williams is listed as the starter here. I don't know how long Diaw is going to continue to start, at some point he is going to be replaced by actual starter Derrick Favors, right?
Injuries / Absences:
- PG: George Hill (UTA, OUT), Wade Baldwin IV (NBA D-League)
- SG: Alec Burks (UTA, OUT)
- SF: Chandler Parsons (MEM, Questionable), James Ennis (MEM, Probable)
- PF: Jarrell Martin III (MEM, Probable), Deyonta Davis (MEM, OUT)
- C: Brandan Wright (MEM, OUT)
GO JAZZ GO!
Who's going to win tonight?
This poll is closed
UTA by 11+ points
UTA by 6-10
UTA by 1-5
MEM by 1-5
MEM by 6-10
MEM by 11+