There were only five of the 15 Western Conference teams in action last night. Let's take a look at what happened while you were sleeping...
- Nothing good happened last night
- The Trail Blazers beat the Knicks -- Portland is are putting some distance on the Utah Jazz, and already own the season series and tie-breaker
- The Mavericks beat the Magic -- Dallas is tied with Portland and, thus, ahead of Utah too
- The Warriors beat the Hawks -- Golden State appears to be headed for 70+ wins
- The Suns lost to the Hornets -- poor Earl Watson
- The Lakers beat the Nets -- we lost to the Nets. Think about that.
What's happening tonight?
- San Antonio Spurs vs. Detroit Pistons
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Clippers -- probably the game of the night
- Sacramento Kings @ Memphis Grizzlies
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets -- go Pelicans, for now
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Boston Celtics -- go Celtics!
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Denver Nuggets
- Washington Wizards @ Minnesota Timberwolves
That's 12 of 15 West teams playing. Four games against another. The Jazz can get some help, but it's meaningless unless they win as well.
The Jazz are likely to make the playoffs, but this part of the schedule is unforgiving. They have to hang tight and beat the other West teams when they play them.