The Utah Jazz have played 62 games. That means we have 20 left. How are you feeling about the season? Expectations on a whole have been lowered because of injuries but even with your lowered expectations how do you feel? The Jazz are 29-33. I did not expect them to be below .500 this late in the season, even with the injuries.
Gosh that five game losing streak is really hurting us right now. Thank goodness for the win last night but imagine if we won even two of the games, or imagine if we hadn't gone 3-7 in our last 10. I don't know what caused the Jazz slump. Maybe they thought they had arrived, maybe there are hurt feelings past the trade deadline, maybe teams have caught onto us, maybe Rudy is hurting a lot more than the team is letting on, maybe they read Andy's article about the bad calls and it got to them, or maybe it's a combination of all those things and more. I hope their win against the Pelicans gets them going again, though with games against the Hawks and the Warriors next, that will be pretty hard to do. Maybe the Blazers are coming back down to earth, please?
If you can see the Jazz improve on at least one thing to end the season, what would it be? Here are some of my thoughts:
- Hustle- I have never seen a Jazz team be so lazy. Why are they not going after loose balls? Why does the other team always get the 50-50 balls? I never see players dive on the floor. I never see the Jazz hustling (besides Booker) Those hustle plays add up, do it please Jazz.
- Rebounding- I have no idea what has happened to our defensive rebounding. We are only 25th in the league in rebounding and down from last year. With our bigs you'd think we would rebound much better.
- Pace- I get the Jazz say they play slow because they are focusing on defense but c'mon, they are so slow.
@dianaallen they also got more defensive stops / defensive rebounds that allowed them to run.— Amar (@AllThatAmar) March 7, 2016
- Dominating at home- I miss the Jazz that dominate at home.
- Fast breaks. What happened to our beautiful fast breaks? Let's get back to this.