While last night was a relatively quiet one for the Western Conference, there were some games to go over. Sadly, no changes in order or anything fun like that. But it is a prelude to tonight's action -- which is going to be both insane and meaningful. As it stands right now each division has been won: the Golden State Warriors own the Pacific, the Oklahoma City Thunder own the Northwest, and the San Antonio Spurs own the Southwest. Following them into the playoffs are the Los Angeles Clippers -- who are too isolated from OKC or MEM to make a move one way or the other. The season is all but over for six teams, but I am sure one of them may end up playing spoiler to the teams trying to make the playoffs still. It's going to be an interesting finish.
So let's check out what happened while you were sleeping!
- I have now reached level 12 in a truck driving game I am playing, but my last delivery was far from my best work.
-  Portland Trail Blazers beat the Miami Heat -- one of the East contenders falls to a team that's not likely to have homecourt in the West.
-  San Antonio Spurs beat the Toronto Raptors 102-95 -- no one cares
-  Sacramento Kings beat the  Denver Nuggets 115-106 -- a win that is meaningless in the big picture
There are two chases going on right now. Memphis is just 0.5 games ahead of Portland, and likely to lose that race. The other is the potential three-team-tie between Dallas, Utah, and Houston. Everything else is pretty much locked up out West.
There are a ton of games tonight, with 12 of the 15 Western teams in action, some against one another!
-  Golden State Warriors vs.  Portland Trail Blazers -- Wow, finally a reason to root for the Warriors!
-  Oklahoma City Thunder @  Houston Rockets -- Wow, finally a reason to root for the Thunder!
-  Los Angeles Clippers vs. Washington Wizards -- YOU SHALL NOT PASS, MAYBE!
-  Memphis Grizzlies @ Orlando Magic -- This game should be a challenge
-  Dallas Mavericks @  Minnesota Timberwolves -- Let's go Wolves!
-  Utah Jazz @  Phoenix Suns -- Gotta win this
-  New Orleans Pelicans @ Brooklyn Nets -- Yawn
-  Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics -- The "Kobe's last game against _______ team" tour continues!
Hopefully Utah wins, and there's some help along the way.
Oh, and hey, this is just a reminder but you all should be playing FanDuel! It’s fun. It’s easy. And it’s a real way to make real money! And after all, you’re smarter than all those other dumb sports fans. Prove it! Sign up at FanDuel today! Still not sold? Okay. Here’s the beginner’s guide that may help you out!