It's a Friday night game on ESPN . . . and the Utah Jazz (24-16) are playing? Wow. They are up against the Detroit Pistons (18-23), a team looking to get it together. They feature a small, speedy, shoot first point guard -- you know, the type that usually stings the Jazz defense for 20+ points. On the other end, G-Time and G-Hill are hurting teams too.
The Jazz play slowly (30th in pace), and focus on defense (1st in Opponents PPG, 4th in DRTG). The Pistons are also slow (26th), and focus on defense (5th in O.PPG, 9th in DRTG). Offensively the Jazz are better. Both have bigmen in the paint who lay down the law of the jungle. Both have lots of three point shooters. One coach, Stan Van Gundy, is great. The other, Quin Snyder, could one day be up there.
The Jazz were 0-2 against the Pistons last year, but are 57-35 overall against them. When Detroit plays in Utah it's Utah who wins usually, 34-12. Hopefully the good guys win tonight as well. I am worried that it's a trap game though. Detroit is tired, on a road trip, and injured.
Three rings vs. no rings. Both are very regional in their fan base.
- PG: Reggie Jackson vs. George Hill
- SG: Darrun Hilliard vs. Rodney Hood
- SF: Marcus Morris vs. Gordon Hayward
- PF: Tobias Harris vs. Derrick Favors
- C: Andre Drummond vs. Rudy Gobert
Injuries / Absences:
- SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (DET, OUT), Michael Gbinije (DET, Doubtful)
- SF: Reggie Bullock (DET, OUT)
- PF: Jon Leuer (DET, OUT), Joel Bolomboy (UTA, NBADL)
GO JAZZ GO!
Who's going to win tonight?
This poll is closed
UTA by 11+ points
UTA by 6-10
UTA by 1-5
DET by 1-5
DET by 6-10
DET by 11+