It's the last game of the month for the Utah Jazz. They'll be hosting the Memphis Grizzlies in an epic game between two teams fighting for playoff position. This will also be the fourth game of their 2016-2017 regular season series. Memphis is up 2-1, so the Jazz will need the W to tie it up. (And thus, not lose the first head-to-head tie breaker in the event that these two teams do tie.) There are a bunch of players missing action tonight, so expect Quin Snyder and David Fizdale to go slow and deep, all night long.
(Wow, Amar. You're really letting this place slip)
Both teams play slowly, and play defense. Memphis is amazing at forcing turn overs and getting rebounds. Utah has been in a three point shooting slump. If the threes aren't falling and the team is down, they may not have the urgency to get out there and get easy buckets. Especially not against a team that is as good (if not better) at digging in if you let them.
This is a big game, a win here gives Memphis the season series, and the tie breaker if these two teams finish 82 with the same number of wins. They played last night in Portland and hopefully are a little tired. Utah has held down the fort in Utah against Vancouver/Memphis over the years - going 29-11 in the Delta Center / ESA / Aunt Viv. Probably more important is that the Jazz beat the Grizz 2-1 last season. Keep up the pressure, win tonight. Show these bears that music can sooth any beast.
Don't turn the ball over. Get rebounds. Get easy buckets. Be led by Gordon Hayward.
No Vancouver fans remain.
- PG: Mike Conley vs. George Hill
- SG: Tony Allen vs. Rodney Hood
- SF: Vince Carter? James Ennis? vs. Gordon Hayward
- PF: JaMychal Green vs. Boris Diaw? Trey Lyles?
- C: Marc Gasol vs. Rudy Gobert
Injuries / Absences:
- PG: Raul Neto (UTA, Inactive), Wade Baldwin IV (MEM, NBADL)
- SG: Troy Daniels (MEM, NBADL)
- SF: Chandler Parsons (MEM, REST)
- PF: Derrick Favors (UTA, REST), Joel Bolomboy (UTA, Called up), Deyonta Davis (MEM, OUT)
- C: Brandan Wright (MEM, OUT)
GO JAZZ GO!
Who's going to win tonight?
This poll is closed
UTA by 11+
UTA by 6-10
UTA by 1-5
MEM by 1-5
MEM by 6-10
MEM by 11+