Tonight the Utah Jazz (22-13) play Game 2 of their five game trip out East, and will face off against the new and improved Boston Celtics (20-14). The Jazz have the better record, despite all the injuries and playing in the West, but Boston has the -6.0 line according to Las Vegas. I guess they know their NBA history and know who is and isn't going to play well tonight. And honestly? The C's are picking up a lot of intangibles lately, playing a lot of teams without their starting PG. That has worked out great because Boston's best player this year has been their starting PG.
Last season these two teams split the season series, but historically this has been Boston's home and they have been very good at making us recognize that. (SEVEN STRAIGHT #UTAatBOS losses for the Jazz!) The Celtics have been streaking, winning four in a row. The Jazz have won four in a row as well. Somethings gotta give.
- PPG: UTA 99.0 (26th) - BOS 106.1 (8th)
- O.PPG: UTA 94.5 (1st) - BOS 104.3 (15th)
- PACE: UTA 91.1 (30th) - BOS 96.0 (18th)
- ORTG: UTA 108.7 (12th) - BOS 110.3 (7th)
- DRTG: UTA 103.8 (3rd) - BOS 108.3 (19th)
Good offense against good defense. It should be fun! (You know, except for the fact that the refs will be giving the Celtics a lot of home court love and Thomas will get to the line 13 times tonight.)
We see you, guys!
This is what winning 17 rings gets you.
- PG: Shelvin Mack vs. Isaiah Thomas
- SG: Rodney Hood vs. Avery Bradley
- SF: Gordon Hayward vs. Jae Crowder
- PF: Derrick Favors (?) vs. Amir Johnson
- C: Rudy Gobert vs. Al Horford
If Favors doesn't start, and I think he kind of should, then Quin Snyder could go with Boris Diaw here. Diaw started the second half of the last game.
Injuries / Absences:
- PG: George Hill (UTA, OUT), Dante Exum (UTA, OUT), Marcus Smart (Questionable)
- SG: Avery Bradley (BOS, IN)
- SF: James Young (BOS, OUT)
- PF: Joel Bolomboy (UTA, NBADL)
- C: Tyler Zeller (BOS, OUT)
GO JAZZ GO!
Who's going to win tonight?
This poll is closed
UTA by 11+ points
UTA by 6-10
UTA by 1-5
BOS by 1-5
BOS by 6-10
BOS by 11+