The NBA Trade Deadline is over. Teams have waived and signed players. We know which teams are tanking, and we know which teams are playing for the post season. It’s March, so our feature “While you were sleeping...” returns! So let’s get to it!
NO teams switched spots last night, but anyway, let’s take a look at what happened:
-  Denver Nuggets beat the Boston Celtics, 119-99
-  Dallas Mavericks beat the Brooklyn Nets, 105-96
The purpose of this being good news is that it puts the squeeze on POR, and hopefully they are in tank mode in April.
-  Golden State Warriors lost to  Minnesota Timberwolves, 103-102
-  Houston Rockets beat the Chicago Bulls, 115-94
We want HOU to lose as much as possible, and for GSW to separate from SAS.
-  Golden State Warriors @  San Antonio Spurs
-  Utah Jazz @  Oklahoma City Thunder
-  Los Angeles Clippers vs. Philadelphia 76ers
-  Memphis Grizzlies vs. Atlanta Hawks
-  Denver Nuggets @  Sacramento Kings
-  Portland Trail Blazers vs. Washington Wizards
-  Dallas Mavericks vs.  Phoenix Suns
-  Minnesota Timberwolves @ Milwaukee Bucks
-  New Orleans Pelicans @ Charlotte Hornets
It’s almost a full slate of games, only HOU and LAL are idle. Obviously we want the Jazz ot win, and for all the teams behind them to lose. Also, because I’m still holding out for hope that there can be some GSW/SAS separation . . . a win for GSW. And I hate them. Also, POR to lose and DEN to win would be nice as well.