The NBA Trade Deadline is over. Teams have waived and signed players. We know which teams are tanking, and we know which teams are playing for the post season. It’s March, so our feature “While you were sleeping...” returns! So let’s get to it!
The Mavs and Sactown switched spots, but they are both on the outside of the playoffs looking in. There were a couple of good games last night, most of it went in favor of our team.
-  Golden State Warriors beat the New York Knicks, 112-105
-  Utah Jazz beat the  Sacramento Kings, 110-109 (OT)
-  Oklahoma City Thunder lost to the  Dallas Mavericks, 104-89
The more games the Dubs put ahead of San Antone the greater the probability that both of those teams are resting players when they play the Jazz next month. Utah winning games is important, every one counts. OK losing games, now three in a row, is great as they have Utah’s number.
-  New Orleans Pelicans beat the  Los Angeles Lakers, 105-97
-  Phoenix Suns beat the Boston Celtics, 109-106
LAL losing is great for them, I don’t know what it does to the morale of New Orleans. They finally won a game with AD and Boogie. So I guess with that monkey off of their back they won’t be going guns blazing against Utah tonight? Phoenix beating Boston is crazy, because it’s something Utah can’t do.
Nothing bad happened last night!
-  Golden State Warriors @ Atlanta Hawks - GO GSW (really)
-  San Antonio Spurs vs  Houston Rockets - GO HOU (really)
-  Utah Jazz vs  New Orleans Pelicans - GO UTA (duh)
-  Los Angeles Clippers vs Boston Celtics - GO BOS
-  Memphis Grizzlies vs Brooklyn Nets - GO BKN
-  Denver Nuggets vs  Sacramento Kings - GO DEN
-  Portland Trail Blazers vs  Minnesota Timberwolves - GO MIN
What we want is separation between GSW and SAS, because if there is separation then there are two good chances for Jazz wins in April. If GSW ans SAS get close both will be fighting for the #1 seed in April. We don’t want that. Also, UTA can’t catch HOU. So this is the next best thing.
UTA needs every win, so duh.
BOS over LAC is a no brainer because there’s only 1.5 games between the two teams for 4th and 5th in the West.
BKN over MEM is a pipe dream.
DEN over SAC is needed because we want separation between DEN and POR. If POR is out of it, and right now they are only 1.5 games back, then they are likely to be fighting for games. UTA plays POR twice in April. If DEN can’t be caught by POR then POR is likely to tank those April games.