This is it, Utah Jazz fans. Our guys have climbed that mountain and are going to be in the 2017 NBA Playoffs. But they still have a chance to make their own destiny with who they end up facing in the first round. The Jazz can into Playoffs, but that #PlayoffPush is still going on as there are only 3 more nights in the 2016-2017 NBA Regular season. There were a bunch of games last night, and a bunch more tonight. So let’s look at what happened “While you were sleeping,” on April 9th:
POR clinched, DEN eliminated.
-  Minnesota Timberwolves lost to the  Los Angeles Lakers, 110-109: Karl-Anthony Towns drops 40/20, Lakers continue to win. Hilarious.
This increases the chances of LAL losing their draft pick. Hooray!
-  Houston Rockets beat the  Sacramento Kings, 135-128: James Harden gets 35 / 11 / 15 in the win.
-  Oklahoma City Thunder beat the  Denver Nuggets, 106-105: Russell Westbrook hits a 35 foot game-winner along with his 42nd triple double of the season - 50 / 16 / 10.
-  Memphis Grizzlies lost to the [East] Detroit Pistons, 103-90: MEM went 3-1 against UTA. UTA just can’t beat these teams, but teams like DET can?
-  Dallas Mavericks lost to the  Phoenix Suns, 124-111: Who cares?
None of this matters now, the OKC win eliminates DEN. It was a fun night of basketball, but nothing that made the lives of UTA fans easier.
Nothing bad happened last night, unlike the night before.
-  Golden State Warriors vs.  Utah Jazz: Shock the world Utah!
-  San Antonio Spurs @  Portland Trail Blazers: Thanks for no help.
-  Houston Rockets @  Los Angeles Clippers: LAC is the second best team in the West right now, can HOU do us a solid?
Six of the eight West playoff teams are playing tonight, and they are playing one another. If this was two weeks ago this would be a bigger deal. As it stands right now only two teams don’t have their seed clinched: LAC and UTA.