The San Antonio Spurs are amazing. They are the second best team in the league, have the second best point differential in the league, have the best perimeter defender in the league, the best head coach in the league, are 29-8 at home this season, and are 7-3 in their last 10 games. One of their home losses this season was to the Utah Jazz. In this case I find that fact rather decreases the chances of another win happening in their gym this season, instead of increasing it. But I've been wrong a billion times before. I wouldn't mind being wrong about this game as well.
Game Preview | Overtone | Five Things to Watch | Pounding The Rock
The Spurs are the best defending team in the league, with a DRTG of 103.4. They have a Top 10 offense as well (7th). They are primarily a half-court team, but are built to last in any tempo game. They are #1 in 3pt% this season and 5th in both FG% and FT%. Precision is their game on offense. It's not so much that they are good so they beat you. And it's not that they are so good they make you beat yourself. They are so good that they make you make yourself think that you are losing because of the mistakes you made. But it was them all along.
San Antonio causes so much trouble on defense, they don't foul, clear the glass, and force so many turn overs. It's like playing against your older brother out there. And getting schooled.
Utah isn't a bad team. I love this team and think they can play with anyone out there.
Imagine how different everything would be if Tim Duncan was drafted first . . . but a Boston Celtics that had more ping pong balls and needed a franchise player back in the late 90s? For one, there wouldn't be so many Spurs fans.
- PG: Dante Exum vs. Tony Parker
- SG: Rodney Hood vs. Jonathon Simmons (or maybe Kyle Anderson?)
- SF: Gordon Hayward vs. Kawhi Leonard
- PF: Boris Diaw vs. David Lee
- C: Rudy Gobert vs. Pau Gasol (or maybe he is at PF while Dewayne Dedmon starts?)
Injuries / Absences / Rest:
- PG: George Hill (UTA, Groin, OUT), Raul Neto (UTA, Groin, OUT), Dejounte Murray (SAS, Groin, OUT)
- SG: Danny Green (SAS, Quad, OUT), Manu Ginobili (SAS, REST)
- PF: LaMarcus Aldridge (SAS, Thumb, OUT), Derrick Favors (UTA, Knee, OUT)
GO JAZZ GO!
Who is going to win this afternoon?
This poll is closed
The Utah Jazz
The San Antonio Spurs