This is it, Utah Jazz fans. Our guys have climbed that mountain and are going to be in the 2017 NBA Playoffs. But they still have a chance to make their own destiny with who they end up facing in the first round. The Jazz can into Playoffs, but that #PlayoffPush is still going on as there are only 9 more nights in the 2016-2017 NBA Regular season. There were a bunch of games last night, and a bunch more tonight. So let’s look at what happened “While you were sleeping,” on April 3rd:
Nothin’ important happened in the league last night in terms of standings.
The point of this game is for both teams to be more tired as a result. Portland played just eight players, and all but one of them played 25+ minutes with four of them logging 35+. Minnesota went a little deeper, 10, but all of their starters played between 37 and 39 minutes.
I fully well concede that it’s unlikely that Portland will miss the post season; furthermore, even if they do they will be going all-out against the Jazz this week on Tuesday and Saturday. At least this win hurts them somewhere. They were the West’s second hottest team, and getting this loss now may take some confidence out of their jumpers? Maybe it will make them focus harder for the remaining games? I don’t know.
Nothing “Meh” happened.
Well, I guess there was this:
But it doesn’t change anything for our Jazz, so it doesn’t matter.
It’s a heavy schedule tonight because there were supposed to be none last night.
-  Golden State Warriors vs.  Minnesota Timberwolves: Go, to uh, 5 OT?
-  San Antonio Spurs vs.  Memphis Grizzlies: Beat
-  Utah Jazz vs.  Portland Trail Blazers: Jazz gotta win. Period.
-  Oklahoma City Thunder vs. [East] Milwaukee Bucks: Let’s go Milwaukee!
-  Denver Nuggets @  New Orleans Pelicans: Denver has a chance, if they want it badly enough.
-  Dallas Mavericks @  Sacramento Kings: Cuban vs. Vivek free throw contest would be more fun.
As always, the Jazz need to win. If they can get some help along the way, cool. But they are the masters of their own destiny.