This is it, Utah Jazz fans. Our guys have climbed that mountain and are going to be in the 2017 NBA Playoffs. But they still have a chance to make their own destiny with who they end up facing in the first round. The Jazz can into Playoffs, but that #PlayoffPush is still going on as there are only 5 more nights in the 2016-2017 NBA Regular season. There were a bunch of games last night, and a bunch more tonight. So let’s look at what happened “While you were sleeping,” on April 7th:
Well, UTA clinched the division, and MIN and SAC leapfrogged again.
-  San Antonio Spurs beat the  Dallas Mavericks, 102-89: Bryn Forbes had 27 points? Yikes.
-  Utah Jazz beat the  Minnesota Timberwolves, 120-113: New career high for Gordon Hayward, 39!
-  Oklahoma City Thunder lost to the  Phoenix Suns, 120-99: Devin Booker’s 37 better than Russell Westbrook’s 23 / 12 / 8.
-  Sacramento Kings lost to the  Los Angeles Lakers, 98-94: They can’t even tank right.
With this SAS win it only gives them another win that they don’t need, all-in-all setting them up for really resting a lot in game 82 #SASatUTA. UTA beating MIN on the same night as PHX beating OKC = division title for our guys. WOO! SAC losing to LAL is great because it possibly allows LAL fewer chances to keep their lotto pick.
-  Houston Rockets lost to the [East] Detroit Pistons, 114-109: James Harden had 33 / 9 / 12 in a losing effort.
-  Memphis Grizzlies beat the [East] New York Knicks, 101-88: Mike Conley dropped 31, the Knicks dropped their third straight 50 loss season.
-  Denver Nuggets beat the  New Orleans Pelicans, 122-106: O Canada! Jamal Murray dropped 30 / 4 / 5!
None of these games mean anything to UTA.
Nothing bad happened last night!
-  Golden State Warriors vs. the  New Orleans Pelicans: It would be cool of Boogie Cousins injuries their entire team in a brawl.
-  San Antonio Spurs vs. the  Los Angeles Clippers: Let’s go Spurs! I really hope you guys win, so because of fate, Gregg Popovich will rest everyone on their team.
-  Utah Jazz @ the  Portland Trail Blazers: MUST WIN GAME! GET TO 50!
Let’s go Jazz! Let’s go Spurs!