This is it, Utah Jazz fans. Our guys have climbed that mountain and are going to be in the 2017 NBA Playoffs. But they still have a chance to make their own destiny with who they end up facing in the first round. The Jazz can into Playoffs, but that #PlayoffPush is still going on as there are only 4 more nights in the 2016-2017 NBA Regular season. There were a bunch of games last night, and a bunch more tonight. So let’s look at what happened “While you were sleeping,” on April 8th:
LAC jumped over UTA
Nothing good happened last night.
-  Golden State Warriors beat the  New Orleans Pelicans, 123-101: Kevin Durant is back, and almost had a triple double in his return.
The top three seeds are all locked up, and none of this matters anymore. But KD being back for GSW sucks, because he’ll probably play on Monday against UTA.
-  San Antonio Spurs lost to the  Los Angeles Clippers, 98-87: Kawhi Leonard had 28 in the loss.
-  Utah Jazz lost to the  Portland Trail Blazers, 101-86: Damian Lillard drops 59, humiliates Utah.
So UTA losing is bad. LAC winning is worse. They flip-flop, and now UTA no longer has home-court advantage. Worst still? the SAS loss made their coach Gregg Popovich proclaim that he’s not resting guys anymore because of their bad play. UTA hosts SAS in two games.
-  Houston Rockets @  Sacramento Kings: Houston didn’t win when we needed them to, so they suck.
-  Oklahoma City Thunder @  Denver Nuggets: Denver didn’t win when we needed them to, so they suck.
-  Memphis Grizzlies vs [East] Detroit Pistons: Memphis is whatever.
-  Dallas Mavericks @  Phoenix Suns: These two teams are fighting for ping-pong balls.
-  Minnesota Timberwolves vs  Los Angeles Lakers: So are these two teams.
None of these games matter for the Jazz now, who can’t be #3 or above, nor can they be #6 or below.