The NBA Free Agency continues, and we have a bunch of dominoes that fell to talk about. Phil Naessens (@FlashTennis31) and I break it all down, and also break down what's going on with the Utah Jazz. Check it all out here, or just be lazy, and click below:
Segment 1 [0:00 - 15:30]:
- What happened with the Miami Heat? LeBron James is going to Cleveland, how does this change the landscape of the East?
- Why would you trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love? Or, alternatively, why don't you trade him?
- Windows of opportunity -- Cavs are not the Nets
- Chandler Parsons was a bigger move in the West than most give him credit for
- Did Houston swing and miss? Is Dallas a real contender with what they've done?
- Trevor Ariza may end up hating Dwight Howard and James Harden, or at least hate playing with them
- Pau Gasol on the Chicago Bulls heralds a new era in the Windy City?
Segment 2 [38:40- 55:00]:
- Gordon Hayward made some money. You get paid what someone will pay you -- but is he really like 4x a good as Thabo Sefolosha ?
- Trevor Booker , how this affects the bigman rotation with Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Rudy Gobert, Steve Novak, and Jeremy Evans .
- Does the Booker signing mean anything behind the scenes?
- Marvin Williams gone to the Charlotte Hornets, how much are we going to miss this guy?
- Big Al Jefferson and Marvin Williams = better this time round?
- Summer League is crazy. Dante Exum is going to be crazy good
- Does Trey Burke have to watch his bad now?
I do think that the whole question with Exum is almost entirely height-ist. If he was shorter it would be no question that he's not a real candidate to play SG. It's the opposite of what I've seen in the summer league with Ian Clark. If Clark was taller he'd never be used at PG.
What do you think? Is the point guard spot up for debate? Is it Dante's? Trey's? Or are we moving in a brave new world?