Okay, this summer has had it’s ups and downs so far for the Utah Jazz, but it’s only the first week of July. There’s a lot going on, so let’s recap the roster moves that we’ve seen and look at what could be coming our way in the future!
- Gordon Hayward: Signed as Unrestricted Free Agent with Boston Celtics for $128 Million / 4 Years
- George Hill: Signed as Unrestricted Free Agent with Sacramento Kings for $57 Million / 3 years
- Trey Lyles: Traded on rookie scale contract to Denver Nuggets on draft night in package for Donovan Mitchell
- Ricky Rubio: Traded for a song (a future 1st rounder) from Minnesota Timberwolves, has two years remaining for less than $30 Million on the books
- Donovan Mitchell: Traded for on draft night, will have a lotto scale rookie contract
- Tony Bradley: Traded for on draft night, will have a guaranteed 1st round rookie contract
- Nigel Williams-Goss: Selected by the Utah Jazz on draft night, is a 2nd rounder, has no guarantee for a contract offer
Left to figure out:
- Shelvin Mack (Unrestricted Free Agent): Continued rumors of him being in the running for a guard spot with the New York Knicks (Ian Begley, Steve Kyler, NYPost Bergman)
- Jeff Withey (Unrestricted Free Agent): No rumors to report, sorry Kennedy, I mean no professional rumors to report
- Boris Diaw (Non-Guaranteed): Has $7.5 Million at stake that becomes guaranteed on July 15th. The Utah Jazz can waive him now at no penalty, or use him some other way. Or keep him as a player.
- Raul Neto (Non-Guaranteed): Has less than $1.5 Million at stake, that becomes guaranteed in January. But may not be guaranteed anytime before training camp depending on how he fights off all the other ball handlers coming into camp.
- Danilo Gallinari (Unrestricted Free Agent): A three-team sign an trade places him with the Los Angeles Clippers, on a $65 Million for three years -- GONE
- Otto Porter (Restricted Free Agent): Signed offer sheet with Brooklyn Nets for $106 million for four years; Washington Wizards set to match -- GONE
- Rudy Gay (Unrestricted Free Agent): Reported to be aggressively courted (Alex Kennedy), but five other teams in the running
- James Johnson (Unrestricted Free Agent): Reported to have mutual interest with the Utah Jazz (Tony Jones, SLTRIB)
- Milos Teodosic (Unrestricted Free Agent): Reports to the Chicago Bulls were fabricated, being pressed hard by the Minnesota Timberwolves, could find spot with Miami Heat, last Jazz mention of him was a week ago.
The Jazz currently are at about $103 million on the books if you include the non-guaranteed salaries and projected rookie deals. And that’s for 14 roster spots (including Williams-Goss), on a $99 million salary cap.
Dennis Lindsey and the rest of the Jazz braintrust are not done working yet this summer. And neither are we.