How could another 10 games already be in the books?! This season is flying by, which has been much more enjoyable than the last few
tank fests seasons. We are currently leading the division, and our 18-12 record is good for 6th in the West. Has the season gone according to your expectations? Are we above or below your projected win totals so far? As for me, we are right about where I thought we would be, which is pretty great considering we are the most injured team so far this year. Anyways, here were the stats from the last 10 games.
- vs. Denver Nuggets- W 105-98
- @ LA Lakers- W 107-101
- vs. Phoenix Suns- W 112-105
- vs. Golden State Warriors- L 99-106
- vs. Sacramento Kings- W 104-84
- vs. OKC Thunder- W 109-89
- vs. Dallas Mavericks- W 103-100
- @ Memphis Grizzlies- W 82-73
- @ Golden State Warriors- L 74-104
- vs. Sacramento Kings- L 93-94
Team Stats and Rankings
- Offensive Rating: 106.9 (12th)— Season: 107.1 (8th)
- Defensive Rating: 101.8 (6th)— Season: 101.2 (3rd)
- Net Rating: 5.1 (7th)— Season: 5.9 (7th)
- Pace: 93.07 (29th)— Season: 93.14 (29th)
- Effective FG%: 53.9 (7th)— Season: 52.9 (6th)
- FT%: 75.9 (18th)— Season: 76.8 (15th)
- 3pt%: 37.1 (9th)— Season: 36.2 (7th)
- Reb%: 51.0 (10th)— Season: 50.8 (7th)
- Ast%: 57.4 (14th)— Season: 52.9 (28th)
- Blocks: 5.8 (4th) — Season: 5.4 (10th)
(Ingles has had 2.5 ast/gm not 3.8 as listed)
5 Most Used Lineups:
- 68 Minutes- Dante Exum, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward, Boris Diaw, Rudy Gobert- Off. Rtg. 120.7, Def. Rtg. 73.9, +57 overall.
- 34 Minutes- Shelvin Mack, Gordon Hayward, Joe Ingles, Boris Diaw, Rudy Gobert- Off. Rtg. 128.8, Def. Rtg. 105.8, +17 overall
- 28 Minutes- Dante Exum, Gordon Hayward, Joe Ingles, Boris Diaw, Rudy Gobert- Off. Rtg. 91.8, Def. Rtg. 121.2, -21 overall
- 24 Minutes- Shelvin Mack, Rodney Hood, Gordon Hayward, Boris Diaw, Rudy Gobert- Off. Rtg. 154.7, Def. Rig. 77.4, +34 overall
- 19 Minutes- Shelving Mack, Gordon Hayward, Joe Ingles, Joe Johnson, Rudy Gobert- Off. Rtg. 114.0, Def. Rtg. 84.3, +5 overall
- Boris Diaw is a basketball player again. I actually completely left him off of my first season split table because he was so bad. Now he is in the top 3 of several statistical measures for the team. I don’t really know how, but he helps you win basketball games. With Fav’s injuries, it’s good we have the old Frenchman on the team.
- We need Derrick Favors’ defensive rebounding so bad. That has been very evident in the last few games (even with him kind of playing) where the other teams have pulled down a bunch of offensive rebounds, especially late in the game. Everyone please write Santa a letter and let him know our Christmas wish is a healthy roster. (not even joking, healthy autocorrected to deathly when I typed that somehow- is that good or bad? Could go either way.)
- Speaking of health: 46 games. That’s how many total games our starters have missed, so that doesn't even include key rotational players. That’s missing a starter and a half in every single game so far. And we still are playing .600 ball. And still have a top 10 offense and a top 10 defense. I cannot give Quin enough credit for the job he is doing this year. Plus he imposes fear in opposing fanbases. Seriously read their game threads (on Moni’s blog!) and there is a comment about his death stares or villain comparisons every game.
- #takefnnote. Rudy started this on twitter after a recent game. And boy should we #takefnnote about the Stifle Tower’s numbers recently. Last 10 games: 16 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks, and shooting 80% from the field. Woah what? Nope that is not a typo. He’s averaging a league-leading 2.02 points per shot. Meaning he typically scores twice as many points as shots he takes in a game. The next closest is at 1.73. Plus this as well: against Hassan Whiteside, DeMarcus Cousins (didn’t have time to add most recent game), Karl Towns, and Marc Gasol Gobert is averaging 14 points, 13 rebounds and 4 blocks, while shooting 77% from the field. Their averages against him? 11 points on 30% shooting. I agree Rudy, you are the best center in the game right now.
- Joe Ingles is a legitimate rotation player in the NBA. I admit I did not think I would ever be saying that so confidently. As I’m sure you have heard, he has the best 3pt% in the league right now. He’s also
stinkysneaky on defense (1.1 steals a game- tied with H20 for best on the team), and just plays smart basketball. Plus he hit a 3 right in the face of “the former player” in the Thunder game, barked at him a bit, and elicited a shove from him. I’m all for anything that makes Kanter look bad or gets him riled up a bit.
Bonus Question: You’re getting a Jazz jersey for Christmas. Whose do you want most?