The 2016-2017 NBA Season is nigh! This year our Utah Jazz team is expected to make some noise. That doesn't mean squeak into the #8 seed in the Western Conference Playoffs. No, this means perhaps challenging for homecourt in the first round. It's months away, and in-between then and now stands 82 games. Quin Snyder, Dennis Lindsey, and company only have six pre-season games to figure out how things will work. So let's go over them:
- Monday, October 3rd: Utah Jazz @ Portland Trail Blazers - 8:00 PM MT
- Wednesday, October 5th: Utah Jazz @ Phoenix Suns - 8:00 PM MT
- Monday, October 10th: Utah Jazz @ Los Angeles Clippers - 8:30 PM MT
- Wednesday, October 12th: Phoenix Suns @ Utah Jazz - 7:00 PM MT
- Monday, October 17th: Los Angeles Clippers @ Utah Jazz - 7:00 PM MT
- Wednesday, October 19th: Portland Trail Blazers @ Utah Jazz - 7:00 PM MT
So Snyder will tango against Earl Watson, Doc Rivers, and Terry Stotts twice each. And for our ever expanding point guard crew, they'll see Damian Lillard, Chris Paul, and Eric Bledsoe / Brandon Knight twice each as well. It's going to be an interesting transition for George Hill returning to the Western Conference. But there's so much more to figure out behind him with Dante Exum returning from injury, Shelvin Mack having to find a new role all over again, Raul Neto figuring out if he wants to be a career bench player in the NBA, and Marcus Paige finding out if he's even an NBA player.
But it's more than just point guards this pre-season. But that's definitely going to be what most of us will be watching early on.