I felt like the road trip was going to start hard, but when the Memphis Grizzlies ended up pulling Vince Carter, Zach Randolph, Beno Udrih, and suspended Tony Allen I knew they were in trouble. This Utah Jazz team is on a roll right now and playing with a lot of confidence. And against a disinterested and undermanned Grizzlies team the Jazz really, really, hurt them.
It was a very close game for the most part, until the Jazz took control and the lead in the 3rd quarter. Memphis had a late push in the fourth, but it was a little to little, a little too late. The story of the game was Rudy Gobert getting a personal best 24 rebounds, and harrying Marc Gasol into a 6/15 shooting night. In the first half both teams couldn't score, but Gordon Hayward was a man on a mission in the third and helped Utah make some separation. Derrick Favors took over in the fourth, scoring bucket after bucket -- and Rodney Hood came off the bench and handled the ball, got to the line, and made some shots. It was a team effort -- and you can't deny Dante Exum's court vision even if his shots were not falling. Trevor Booker brought energy, Trey Burke added leadership, and Jeremy Evans was super effective.
A solid team win. On the road. Against the 2nd best team in the West.
Yes, they weren't with a number of rotation guys. The Jazz have been playing all 2015 without Alec Burks. How they still manage to win games with the wing rotation they've had at times is astounding.
Great job for this team that showed some fire. Quin Snyder got T'd up. Our guys got fired up. And the Grizzlies went back into hibernation after this drubbing.
- Gordon Hayward, despite going 0/6 from downtown still finished with 21 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, and 3 steals
- Derrick Favors finished with 21 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, and went 5/6 from the foul line
- Rudy Gobert had an epic 15 points, 24 rebounds, and 1 assist -- no blocks, one was taken away from him, but his 4th quarter dunks made up for it
- Dante Exum finished with 3 points, 3 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, and 2 blocks
- Jeremy Evans came off the bench and added 4 points, 7 rebounds, and 1 block
- Rodney Hood dropped 13 points off of 5 shots, and also had 1 rebound, 1 assist, and 1 block