Tonight the Utah Jazz (14-9) will be hosting the NBA’s Best, the Golden State Warriors (19-3). The Dubs are 10-1 outside of Oakland and Utah is a steady 7-4 at home. Golden State has won three in a row, including last night’s thrashing of the Los Angeles Clippers (115-98). Tonight will be their second game of a five game road trip. Utah has also won three in a row, and this will be their third game in a five game home stand.
So pretty cool game, huh? Not really. Why? Injuries. The only player missing from the Warriors’ 15-man roster is Damian Jones, who is on assignment in the NBA D-League. Utah is a M*A*S*H unit again.
- Starting point guard George Hill? Out.
- Starting shooting guard Rodney Hood? Out.
- Starting small forward Gordon Hayward? Out.
- Starting power forward Derrick Favors? Out.
- Back-up SG/PG guard Alec Burks? Also out, and has been for the entire season.
Or more precisely as Basketball John points out:
So down four starters and your best bench player? Awesome. Maybe we’ll get Joel Bolomboy on the court tonight? Probably not though . . .