Tuesday was a great day for Utah Jazz stats, Ricky Rubio had yet another great scoring output and Rudy Gobert had, frankly, a historic stat-line.
UTA Notable performers
Ricky Rubio: 31 points, 8 assists, 6 rebounds
Donovan Mitchell: 26 points, 6 rebounds
Rudy Gobert: 12 points, 16 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks, 2 steals
LAL Notable performers
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: 28 points, 5 rebounds, 5-9 3PT
Kyle Kuzma: 26 points, 6 rebounds
Julius Randle: 12 points, 12 rebounds, 9 assists
- The Jazz shot 42.4 percent from three and are now 24-4 on the year when shooting better than 40 percent from deep.
- Utah shot 48.3 percent overall and are 26-3 in games when they shoot 48 percent or better.
- The Lakers started the game 9-9 from the field and 3-3 from deep. After that, they shot 38.5 percent overall and 44.0 percent from three.
- In the second and third quarters combined, the Jazz shot 56.2 percent on 3-pointers and 60.5 percent overall.
- No player on the Jazz bench recorded a positive plus/minus and were a combined -22.
- Donovan Mitchell, Joe Ingles and Ricky Rubio were a combined 11-21 (52.3 percent) from beyond the arc. The rest of the team was 3-12.
- The Jazz shot 63.0 percent on free throws, it was the sixth time Utah has shot under 64 percent from the line and the Jazz are a surprising 5-1 in those games (11-3 in games they shoot under 70 percent).
- Rubio recorded the fifth 30-point game of his career. Four of those have been with the Jazz and all have come since March 2017 (his lone one with the Timberwolves was on March 30, 2017 and was also against the Lakers).
- He is personally 5-0 in games where he scores 30 points (4-0 with Utah, 1-0 with Minnesota).
- After going 7-7 from the free throw line, Rubio has eight games this year where he has been perfect from the line when shooting at least six free throws. That’s more than all of his current teammates combined.
- He has six games this year with at least four 3-pointers made. Four of those games have come since March 11.
- In those six games with at least four 3-pointers, the Jazz are 6-0 and have won by an average of 14.2 points and by no less than seven.
- Tuesday was Mitchell’s 26th game with 25-plus points. Since the 1983-84 season, Mitchell is 11th in 25-point games as a rookie and is 3rd since 2000 (behind Carmelo Anthony and Blake Griffin).
- Mitchell could average 12.5 points in the last three games and still average 20 points on the season.
- Between March 2-22, Mitchell shot 26.7 percent from three, since then, he has shot 37.5 percent on 8.0 attempts per game.
- Mitchell has scored at least 20 points in 10 straight games, tied for second-most since 2000.
- Gobert has averaged 4.0 turnovers per game his last four games.
- Perhaps not coincidental to his turnover numbers, Gobert is averaging 9.3 points in that same span after 17.7 points in his previous 13 games (1.5 turnovers per game in the 13 games).
- Gobert became the third player in Jazz history to have a stat-line of 10 points, 15 rebounds, five assists, three blocks and two steals (Karl Malone, Andrei Kirilenko).
- He is one of just three players this year to have that same stat-line (DeMarcus Cousins, Andre Drummond) and he did it in the fewest minutes (36).
- With seven assists against the Lakers, Ingles has moved into the top five in most assists by a forward in Jazz history with 364. If he kept up his pace of 7.7 assists per game in the last nine games, he would finish second on that list.
- Ingles needs just two more 3-pointers to join the 200 club that currently has 38 members, none of whom played for the Jazz (at the time they hit 200 3-pointers).
- Ingles had four free throws, just the seventh time this year he has had more than two in a game.
- Jae Crowder had more points (12), steals (3), and made more free throws (3-4) and 3-pointers (3-7) than the rest of the Jazz bench (the rest of the bench combining for 8/1/0-1/0-3 in those categories).
- Dante Exum missed his first free throw since his season debut on March 15. He was 16-16 between those misses and is now 18-21 (85.7 percent) from the line this year.
- In the last seven games, Derrick Favors has quietly been the third-leading scorer (14.3), second-highest rebounder (6.4) and shot-blocker (1.4), had the best field goal percentage (64.6), and the second-best average plus/minus (10.1). Though he also has the worst free throw percentage of any rotation player (53.8).
- Julius Randle was one assist away from being the sixth player to record a triple-double against the Jazz this season.
- The Jazz had 14 offensive rebounds, 14 turnovers and made 14 3-pointers.
- Tuesday was the 15th time the Jazz have been in a game where both teams shot under 70 percent on free throws and both teams score more than 110 points.