Phil Naessens had me on his show again to talk about the Utah Jazz (even if it starts off gushing about the surprising Denver Nuggets). It's a game day, so obviously we have to discuss what's the deal with tonight's Jazz / Toronto Raptors game . . . but I think the real meat of this discussion surrounds the line-ups of this team, and the surprising health issues that are popping up.
Check it all out here at his site, or be lazy and just click below.
- Quin Snyder is a good coach
- ... he can focus the players which is important during critical periods of the game
- "Hard times" (#UDQM)
- Teenage Moses Malone / Utah Stars reference
- Laundry list of injured players (Derrick Favors, Alec Burks, Jeremy Evans)
- Recalled Toure' Murry
- "...a good time in the season to switch things up..."
- Can you keep Rudy Gobert off the court, with his game changing play?
- The need for more data on a Trey Burke + Dante Exum pairing
- Shout-out to D'Joumbarey A Moreau (@DJoumbarey)
- The fundamental problem of drafting for future potential
- Matching up with the injured Toronto Raptors
- Greivis Vasquez is a match-up problem
- Obviously, the Enes Kanter / Jonas Valanciunas battle
- The necessary Linas Kleiza type player to watch out for: James Johnson
- Stepping up for the good teams / getting killed by the mediocre ones
- Phil thinks the Jazz will win the next three games
- Amar is skeptical, but recognizes that momentum could be a thing
Thanks again Phil for having me on as a guest, and give me an opportunity to talk about the team I love!