Another hour long show of sports talk (for free!), a general NBA segment and a Utah Jazz segment as well. Check it out!
Segment 1 (0:00 - 15:38)
- Podcast #ProTip question 1 -- Don't take it personally
Los Angeles Lakers hire Byron Scott, improvement over Mike D'Antoni?
- LA is the Wizard of Oz
- Kobe Bryant and Carlos Boozer don't play any defense, so have fun with that
- Doc Rivers and Chris Paul will not do anything but make a token stand against whomever is the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers
- Elgin Baylor knows all about Donald Sterling, so this isn't a surprise
- The "Flop City" Clippers would not have fared well in the 80s and 90s
Segment 2 (38:50 - 55:00)
- Podcast #ProTip question 2 -- Sometimes it's okay to delete things
- Utah Jazz talk! !!!! !!! 111 !!
- What is an acceptable 2014-15 win / loss record for the Jazz
- Poorly explaining that standard deviation thing of rookie coach win expectations
- What matters more is the direction of the franchise, not so much the actual quality of the rookie head coach
- Jason Kidd 's situation isn't the same as Quin Snyder 's.
- Dante Exum is the point guard of the future? Is Trey Burke the back up? Will this ever be resolved in the off-season? Probably not.
- The Phoenix Suns were amazing, but that type of jump is reasonable, and yes, Jeff Hornacek was a rookie head coach
- When do we get to see Derrick Favors go out there and bust people up? (Enes Kanter too!)
- How does Gordon Hayward play after getting paid?
- Hopefully like Bruce Lee, and react to the defense . . . that whole "Be like Water" thing? Maybe?
- Alec Burks is a legit MIP candidate
Thanks again Phil for having me on as a guest and for answering my questions. And really, this is the only national / international show that wants to talk about the Jazz every week. I appreciate being able to do that.